Skip to main content

THURSDAY, 4TH APRIL, 2019-MORNING PRAYERS

1.



Prayer for the Morning


Heavenly Father, I do not fear this day, for you are with me wherever I might go, your light to shine ahead, your footsteps to lead the way. I do not fear this day, for your word will be my guide. Your strength will sustain me and your love revive me, this day and all days. I do not fear this day, for you are with me. In the name of Christ, I call upon you.
Amen.


For Love

Lord God, I thank you for all the love you have shown me: the love of family, the love of friends and fellow believers, and above all the inestimable love of my Lord Jesus Christ, which showers me and washes away the soil of this world. Like a great waterfall it gushes without ceasing, overwhelming every sin and pain the world can dish out.
Love of God
Forgive my failures to love you fully in return, Lord. Forgive me for all the times I have disappointed those who love me or have disappointed you by failing those who might not even know who I am, but whom you have given me to love or help. Where I have brought sadness, anger or pain into the world, I pray that you forgive me, even if those who I have hurt will not or cannot.
And lead me henceforth to follow your example in all that I do, showing forth your love and grace in my every word and act. Let me be as constant and steadfast as Christ, even to the point of pain and death, should I ever be called to such sacrifice. Let me wash the feet of the world as you did, Holy Lord, for if there was no humility too great for you in your life, who am I to puff up in pride?
And I pray that you will accept my small and tarnished loving without judgment, but by your grace; and that your Holy Spirit will guide me in my imperfect love, to strengthen it, that, through me, the world may get a small glimpse of your love.
Amen.

Benediction (from Colossians 3)

Let the word of Christ richly dwell within me all this day; and whatever I do in word or deed, may I do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father.
Amen.


THE IMPORTANT OF PRAYER





“Hear oh God my prayers. Look in favour at my pain. Hear and act. Don’t delay for I bear your name.”




Now… before I go into why those weird words totally ROCKED my world... 

Michael mentioned the prayer of Daniel. But did you know something remarkable about prayer?
Prayer is SCIENTIFICALLY proven to put you in a Theta state far quicker than anything else on Earth. Yes, even meditation. 
The Theta state is the high vibration state where you start attracting the good things in life. These include the ability to...
  •  Unleash that massive dormant potential that lies within you... Enabling you to achieve more than you ever thought possible.
  •  Release a gushing river of peace... Come dip and cleanse yourself of the sorrows that stain you.
  •  Set crystal-clear intention to the universe... So you’ll get every single one of your heart’s desires -- no matter how small.
You see, here’s the unvarnished truth.

In a Queensland Brain Institute study done on March 26, 2016 conducted at the University of Queensland, researchers found that when they measured the brain waves of the test group, they entered theta even faster than the monks. 
Are you starting to see how prayer can launch you into the zone of the extraordinary where the impossible is made possible – nearly instantly? I didn’t know how significant this scientific fact was until a little later.

Now back to the story. 

Even though the Prayer of Daniel seemed unusual. I prayed those words anyway…



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

11 KINDS OF PREACHERS

11 Kinds of Preacher: Which One Are You? By Peter Mead - May 24, 2016 Share on Facebook Share on Pinterest The fourth world. That’s what Haddon Robinson called it. He took John Stott’s two worlds of preaching—the world of the Bible and the world of the contemporary listener’s culture, and he added two more. First, the specific culture of the local congregation (which may differ sharply from the contemporary culture in general). Then, the fourth world—the inner world of the preacher. We have to understand all four worlds to preach effectively. I’d like to probe that fourth world in respect to personality types. Now I know these are controversial. There are those in favor and those against. There are advocates for this taxonomy and those pushing for another. Some oppose them altogether. Some people refuse to be labeled (perhaps a personality thing); others love it (ditto). I’ll let you chase the type tests and theoretical discussions else

REMEMBERING PROPHETESS AUNTIE GRACE MENSAH OF EDUMFA

Visuals in preaching: increasing the impact of your biblical sermons

Visuals in preaching: increasing the impact of your biblical sermons Derek Morris , Patrica Hofer Derek J. Morris, D.Min., is senior pastor at Forest Lake Church, Apopka, Florida, and author of Powerful Biblical Preaching: Practical Pointers From Master Preachers. Patricia Hofer is an associate pastor at Forest Lake Church. P reachers work with words. We prayerfully study the Word of God and then carefully use words to craft biblical messages. When we preach, we pray that those words will convey life-changing truth to our hearers. But have you considered the fact that words are just a small portion of the communication process? Nonverbal communication can either reinforce or hinder your effectiveness as a biblical preacher. Included in the nonverbal communication process are your facial expressions and gestures; congruent ones will increase the impact of your sermon. If your nonverbal communication is not congruent with your words