Skip to main content

PRAYER INSIGHTS- WHAT'S THE LORD'S PRAYER-MM


What is the Lord's Prayer?


When Jesus Christ was encouraging His disciples to pray, He offered a prayer as an example for them. This has become known as the Lord’s Prayer, and we can pray using the same pattern. We start by addressing God and showing gratitude, then asking for the things we need, before closing our prayer with “amen.” You can find an account of it in both Matthew 6:9–13 and Luke 11:1–4.

Source: Mormon.com



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lesson 7: Different Kinds Of Sermons The Content of Preaching

Lesson 7: Different Kinds Of Sermons The Content of Preaching by Vince Olaer | Featured , For Pastors Only , Preaching | 16 comments There are several kinds of sermons. Each of them has their own characteristics and purposes. I would say that all these can be used in different kinds of occasions but depending on a particular situation and to what God is telling to the preacher. I cannot say which is the ultimate best form of sermon since I already have used all of these alternately. As for my own preference however, I usually work on Expository sermon and Series of sermons. Doing this allows me to have more topics to discuss and things to learn. In this part, let us again remember the definitions of Preaching and Sermon. Preaching is a verb which means the act of proclaiming the gospel. While Sermon is a noun that refers to the content of preaching. Expository Sermon As the name implies, it is delivering a sermon by Bible exposition. N.M. Van Cleave in hi...

THURSDAY, 4TH APRIL, 2019-MORNING PRAYERS

1. Prayer for the Morning Heavenly Father, I do not fear this day, for you are with me wherever I might go, your light to shine ahead, your footsteps to lead the way. I do not fear this day, for your word will be my guide. Your strength will sustain me and your love revive me, this day and all days. I do not fear this day, for you are with me. In the name of Christ, I call upon you. Amen. For Love Lord God, I thank you for all the love you have shown me: the love of family, the love of friends and fellow believers, and above all the inestimable love of my Lord Jesus Christ, which showers me and washes away the soil of this world. Like a great waterfall it gushes without ceasing, overwhelming every sin and pain the world can dish out. Forgive my failures to love you fully in return, Lord. Forgive me for all the times I have disappointed those who love me or have disappointed you by failing those who might not even know who I am, but whom you have given...

How To Preach Narrative Sermons

How To Preach Narrative Sermons by Vince Olaer | Preaching | 0 comments Narrative sermon is a sermon delivered through narrative preaching which is more likely a storytelling. Usually, conclusion and the “something to think about” is found in the last part of the preaching. There are three main kinds of narrative sermons, the Biblical narrative sermon,  the experiential narrative sermon, and the fictional narrative sermon. Well, I haven’t really read anything about classifications of narrative sermons, but as an observer, I already have heard these three kinds of stories delivered in narrative preaching. Biblical narratives are stories found directly in the Bible. Experiential narratives are stories experienced by the preacher or sometimes, a true story of another person. Fictional narratives are stories that did not happen in real life, or if it did happen, the source and the people involved are unknown. Fictional stories however are not far ...